This recipe is a double batch; great to freeze for later pasta, chickpea burgers, or baked sweet potatoes. Perfect Thanksgiving gravy.
It is simply delicious!
Suggestions for meals:
1. On top of mashed cauliflower or mashed sweet potatoes.
2. Stir in with steamed vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, etc.
3. Pour over bean + oat + veggie burger.
4. Mix in with black bean noodles, mung bean noodles, whole wheat noodles, etc. to make a stroganoff.
5. Top sauteed spinach, kale, garlic, onion, and spices [sauteed in vegetable broth/water].
1 pound mushrooms, any variety or a mixture [We used white button and baby bella]
1 cup water
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk [or other unsweetened plant-based milk]
½ cup cashews [or cashews + almond mix]
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons coconut aminos*
1¼ teaspoon onion powder
1¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¾ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon white pepper
Pinch of ground sage
Pinch of ground rosemary
Pinch ground thyme
Combine all ingredients in a high powdered food processor and blend until smooth.
Transfer to a stove-top saucepan and cover with tight lid.
Bring to boil for 8 minutes.
Reduce heat and serve warm.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
*May substitute for 2 tablespoons of liquid aminos or other alternative low sodium soy sauce.